Thursday, December 16, 2010

There Will Be Birthday Curry & A 'Tini Recipe

Hey There Everybody!
How's your Thursday treating you so far? Mine is oustanding! It's my birthday! And so far, it's been a great one! It all started with a lovely little bauble presented to me at 6am from my Baby Daddy, he is so thoughtful. What makes it particularly thoughtful is that he went to the jewellery store and bought the item all by himself! That took planning and thought, and I was so touched, what a sweetie pie. At the gym I got a big birthday hug from the girl at the front desk, and many 'Happy Birthday's!' from my weight room peeps too, it was so sweet....And this is all on top of so many well wishes by phone, email & facebook. I am really feeling the love!

Tonight, I will celebrate with Birthday Curry from the Taj Mahal. I can't wait! There will be Dal Makhani, Garlic Naan, Rice, Spicy potato & cauli tomato curry....ooooh it's gonna be debauchery. We'll eat Indian food and decorate our Christmas tree tonight, which reminds me of when I was a kid, we always decorated the tree on my bday. So I'm feeling pretty fortunate and grateful today. Thank you everyone!

So listen, about that eggnog martini. You need to make it. It's out of control yummy and so easy to make. Here's the recipe:

-1 oz EACH of Vodka, Eggnog & Amaretto.

Shake in a martini shaker with a bit of ice and pour into a martini glass. If you want to get really fancy you can rim the glass with crushed graham crackers, but I didn't roll that way. What I did do was pop a stick of cinammon into the glass once the 'tini was poured. I may or may not have used the stick as a straw when it was time for 'tini number two....You can use whatever kind of eggnog you want- I went with fat free eggnog (is that an oxymoron?) but I wouldn't normally recommend anything fat free. Because if it's fat free it's full of chemicals usually. But for one night I thought it wouldn't be the end of the world. Enjoy!

Anyway I gotta run so I'm out for now. I'll post something more interesting and pithy in the not to distant future hopefully...

Enjoy your day!
xoMelissa

No comments:

Post a Comment