Thursday, October 21, 2010

One. Hungry. Motha.

Heyyyy!
How are ya now?

I'm great! Just home from a wicked chest, back, ab & cardio workout and thought I would do a quick post before lunch. I woke up this morning as One Hungry Motha. Doesn't happen very often- I have my green juice and that keeps me going for my a.m. workout. But this morning I was a hungry beast, and I knew the juice wasn't going to cut it. I considered an egg with toast, goat cheese & salsa, but experience has taught me that for me, PERSONALLY, that kind of breakfast doesn't make my body happy before I excercise (though I know plenty of folks who thrive on a more substantial breakfast, it's just not usually for me).

Time was getting short before we had to head out the door, and I needed something quick & easy but filling, so I decided to have....a monster chocolate-banana-chia protein smoothie. And that's when things got crazy. When I added to the blender a chunk of my home-made coconut oil chocolate fudge. Holy decadent, delicious and healthy brekkie, it was awesome. Here's what I put into the blender:

-1 Banana
-1 scoop Sun Warrior Vanilla Protein powder (any protein powder would do)
-1 TBS Chia seeds
-1 cup chocolate Almond Milk (any chocolate or regular milk would be fine)
-1/2 tsp Maca powder
-2 little pucks of my favorite frozen wheatgrass juice
-1 ounce of coconut oil chocolate fudge

You could add a little water if it's too thick...blend and drink. Don't let it sit too long after you blend because the Chia seeds will thicken the smoothie into a pudding. Unless you want to eat it with a spoon. Yumptious, as The Bean would say.

If you're not on the Coconut Oil bandwagon yet, you should hop on. Check the article link at the bottom of the page to learn more...

My Mom loves to tell the stories about how when I was a baby, and started eating solid food, my parents had to literally feed me with 2 spoons going at once. Or I'd freak out. Guess I was a Hungry Motha back then too, seems very little has changed!

Now if you'll excuse me I must go and feast on a toasted potato-chive bread sandwich filled with hummus, spinach, goat cheese, cukes, and sprouts. Raar.

Think tomorrow I'll post a simple Mexican Hummus recipe that we have on hand almost all the time....Have a great day!
xoMelissa

5 comments:

  1. MMmkay, still very new to this whole blog thing so I gotta figure out why the link I posted didn't show up...in the meantime here is the web address for it:
    http://www.organicfacts.net/organic-oils/organic-coconut-oil/health-benefits-of-coconut-oil.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can help you with Blogger maybe on the weekend. There are a few tricks to know.

    Wish I had that for breakfast! Coconut oil fudge? Potato chive bread? I can't wait for this exam to be over... and then I will be over ;)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO far there are about six things you've mentioned that I would like recipes for. Keep this blog rolling, I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. coconut oil chocolate fudge???? Oh Em Gee - bring it baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS-- I have to say thanks for my little treat bag yesterday, perfect pre-finance-exam suprise. Amber and I shared the raw macaroon, so yum, and I had a little nibble off the fudge and am saving the rest for post exam treat with my bottle of vino that I expect will be opened as soon as I get in tonight from my exam. The fudge is amazing, I'd love you forever if you could post THAT recipe!

    ReplyDelete