Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Is There Anybody Out There?

Helllooooo?


Is there anybody out there? No, this is not Roger Waters by the way....My first blog post, and I am drawing a complete blank! Must be stage fright. For someone who seems to have something to say all the time, I feel a bit weird. Ok, bear with me. I feel like I need to find my 'blog voice'. It'll come. Then I won't be able to shut up.


Today has so far been a great day! Up bright and early, a bit of quiet time with my almond-milk laced coffee before the rest of the house was awake, my favorite way to start the day. Made pancakes with organic berries for my little sweetie pie (The Bean, as I'll call her here, I don't know if I want everyone to know too much about her) and a massive Green Juice for myself. Wheatgrass, maca, chlorella, kale, chard, celery, cuke, lemon and the sweetest Honey Crisp Apple all went into the Breville, resulting in what I believe is crack for juice lovers. It gave me so much energy I felt like I could have run the 17 km to the gym, all with my daughter on my back. Yah! One little girl off to school and I made short work of that weightroom with a lower body & abs workout. Lower body is usually the stuff I hate to do, but right now it needs to be done since my lower body no matchy my upper body (booooo), so I cranked the Ipod up and powered through. I must have listened to Pink's new song 'Raise Your Glass' oh, I dunno, 7 times??? I'm a dork, I know. But it gets the job done!


Post workout was a quick water & vanilla Sun Warrior protein shake, a quick trip to the 'cottage' (I spend so much time at grocery stores I call them the cottage now) and home to stuff my face with some veggie california rolls, and a nice dessert of home-made hemp & seed crackers and goat's milk Gouda....


I've been plugging away at getting my new business up & running: in-home Personal Training for clients in the little town where I live. It's all coming together, and my ad will be out later this week, can't wait to get a response! And then I figured I should probably bite the bullet and finally get this blog on the road too. My goal will be to talk a lot more about food, excercise, maybe a little vino, recipes, that sort of thing. So just give me a few postings and I'll have some recipes to share as well. In the meantime, I foresee a little Fat Bastard Shiraz in my future with dinner tonight- Veggie Roll Bake (kinda like a deconstructed cabbage roll-ey type dish baked in the oven and topped with le fromage). If it sounds like something you might like to eat let me know and I'll pass along a recipe....


What are you having for din-din tonight, hmmmm?

When I was pregnant with my daughter, I was obsessed with those pregnancy books that give you a week by week/month by month run down of what is happening with your baby, and how they are developing. Early on, and I don't remember what exact month, the book said something like: 'Your baby is now the size of a kidney bean', and the nick-name stuck. We actually do call her The Bean to her face, she loves it and sometimes refers to herself that way. Not in a weird way. She doesn't speak about herself in the third person, or legume, all the time... Wonder if that'll still work when she's 17? "Mom, THE BEAN needs your car keys", "Dad, THE BEAN wants to go a date"..."THE BEAN is getting her belly button pierced"....hmmmm.

Okay, I gotta run so ttfn and more latah!

xoM

2 comments:

  1. YAY! You are here! The first post is the hardest. You may even inspire me to revive my blog which has been on the back burner for a year.

    I'm looking forward to your inspiration... you always kick me into gear, with great workouts, great food & wine & fun :)

    Tell the bean we can't wait to see her tomorrow.

    GO YOU!
    xo

    ReplyDelete